To fulfil your order, you must provide Digital Gems with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of design work, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why Digital Gems needs your information and how we use It
Digital Gems rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
Disclosure of Information
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your express consent.
In order to purchase products and related services through our site, we require you to create an account. This asks you to provide us with essential personal information such as your title, name and your email address.
Making a Purchase
All payments made on the website require us to take additional details from you including a delivery name and address, credit card details and a corresponding billing address. In order to process the payment for your product(s) and delivery we share your name, address and card details with our card processing partner Stripe and PayPal.
Customer credit card numbers are never stored by us. We use third party processors, PayPal and Stripe who are subject to strict security policies, to process all payments on the website. Saved credit card information is stored with them, rather than in our own electronic records. We ask customers never to provide us with their credit card number via email or phone, but to purchase securely through the website.
If you choose to save your card details to make checkout easier in the future, these will be stored securely with our partner.
Transfers of personal information outside the EU
Digital Gems may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, Digital Gems may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If Digital Gems is deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, We rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
Logging of Session Data
Your computer's session data, will automatically be logged. This information is anonymous and cannot be used to track your personal information. This data includes IP address, operating system and type of browser software being used and the activities conducted by the user while on our site. An IP address is a number that enables computers attached to the Internet, such as our web servers, to know where to send data back to the user, such as the pages of the site the user wishes to view. The information we collect helps us administer our website, as it tracks statistics in relation to visitor traffic.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to contact us
For purposes of EU data protection law, We, Digital Gems, are the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at Digitalgems@hotmail.com.
Thank you from Digital Gems!